Join SANDAG in taking the pledge to commute for clean air on Wednesday, October 4 for California Clean Air Day!
Clean Air Day is built on the idea that shared experiences unite people to take action and create new habits to improve air quality. Join the millions across the state that pledge each year, and commute by carpool, vanpool, transit, biking, or walking on October 4.
Eligible pledge participants 18 years and older will be automatically entered into the Clean Air Day sweepstakes for the chance to win a prize!
Why Pledge to Clean the Air? San Diego deserves better…
- San Diegans travel more vehicle miles annually per commuter than the state average and other major urban counties.
- The San Diego region ranks 8th worst in the nation for ozone pollution.
- 9 in 10 Californians live with polluted air.
Promotional Offers Available on Clean Air Day
Ride transit on Free Ride Day
Enjoy a free ride on any fixed transit route (Trolley, bus, or COASTER) on Wednesday, October 4 thanks to MTS and NCTD.
Ride Neighborhood Electric Vehicles (NEVs) for FREE
Use the Circuit app to hail your free ride on NEVs throughout the region.
- Downtown San Diego: FRED
- National City: FRANC
- Oceanside: g'Oside Shuttle - Free rides on 10/4 only
- Pacific Beach: The Beach Bug
- BCycle: Unlock a BCycle Day Pass for free with code CLEANAIR23 on October 4
- Bird: Unlock two free rides with code BIRDCA23 on October 4
- Commute with Enterprise: Receive a $150 fuel card or rental credit for any new vanpool that forms or pre-registers by Tuesday, October 31.
- Green Commuter: The first 10 NEW vans that start between Sunday, October 1 and Wednesday, November 15 will receive $150 off rental costs for the first month.
Clean the Air with Your Employees
Encourage your employees to pledge to commute for clean air. Organizations in the SANDAG Employer Commuter Program are eligible to earn one Diamond Awards point for taking the pledge and another point for hosting an event or activity for Clean Air Day.
Host a Clean Air Day Event
Organizations, local governments, libraries, and schools can make a difference in their communities by hosting an event to promote Clean Air Day. Share your event with us by emailing SustainableTransportation@sandag.org with the title, date/time, location, and a brief event description.