Every four years, we research, prepare, and update a plan to guide how we will help people and goods move around our region. We work with our region’s 18 cities and the County of San Diego; local, state, and federal government agencies; community-based organizations; and the public to put this vision together.
We are developing the 2025 Regional Plan using research about where people go, how they get around, what transportation infrastructure exists, what’s needed to support the future growth of our region, and more. The draft update will be ready to share by the winter of 2025.
The Regional Plan also includes an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) that explains how the Plan’s proposed projects and policies will affect the environment, along with strategies to reduce or balance out these effects.
- Leave a comment on our interactive map by September 30 to let us know what transportation improvements would help make it easier for you to get around!
- Join us at one of our upcoming community workshops to learn more about the transportation projects and programs coming to your area in the short-term and to share what transportation options would make it easier for you to move around the San Diego region in the long-term.
For in-person events, we will provide dinner and childcare. All events will have Spanish interpretation. If you or someone you know needs another language, including ASL, email Allie (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least three business days before the event.
- Wednesday, August 23 at 5:30 p.m. | Central San Diego (City Heights)
- Tuesday, August 29 at 5:30 p.m. | South County (Chula Vista)
- Wednesday, September 6 at 5:30 p.m. | Inland North County (San Marcos)
- Wednesday, September 13 at 5:30 p.m. | Coastal North County (Oceanside)
- Wednesday, September 20 at 5:30 p.m. | East County (El Cajon)
- Tuesday September 26 at 6 p.m. | Unincorporated San Diego County (virtual)
Please RSVP for your workshop before the day of so we can order enough food for everyone.