01.12.2024 | News Release
SANDAG Delivering on Board Commitments in 2024
Upcoming Milestones Continue Momentum of 2023
At Friday’s meeting, the SANDAG Board received an update on actions underway to set the agency up for success in 2024. In addition to continuing its work on the toll operations action plan, SANDAG is right sizing the agency’s work program to align with priorities set by the Board of Directors and to deliver on critical infrastructure projects through more collaboration, dialogue, and engagement.
Upcoming milestones in 2024 include:
- Toll Operations: Transition to a new back-office system to resolve tolling system deficiencies and improve customer service.
- TransNet Major Corridors: Advance work on the SR 52, SR 67, the I-15/SR 78 Connectors, and the SR 78/I-5 HOV Connector projects through environmental clearance, getting them one step closer to construction.
- Purple Line and Blue Line Express: Continue planning studies for the future Purple Line service from South Bay to Sorrento and express Blue Line service to connect our densely populated border region and major employment centers.
- Airport Transit Connection: Launch the environmental review process to determine regional transportation connections and direct transit options to the airport.
- LOSSAN Rail Realignment: Evaluate rail alignment alternatives during environmental review to move the tracks of the Del Mar Bluffs by 2035.
- Otay Mesa East Port of Entry: Complete site preparations and secure critical agreements with federal and Mexican partners for the future land Port of Entry.
- 2025 Regional Plan: Continue work on the draft 2025 Regional Plan and draft Environmental Impact Report to update the region’s blueprint for a convenient, healthy, safe, and equitable transportation system.
In 2023, SANDAG brought hundreds of millions of dollars to the San Diego region to invest in mobility options for our communities. Look back at the most impactful highlights in SANDAG’s 2023 Annual Report.