06.12.2023 | Public Notice
Notice of Public Review and Comment - Amendment to the 2021 Regional Plan
In September 2022, the SANDAG Board directed staff to prepare an amendment to the 2021 Regional Plan without the regional road user charge (RUC). In developing the amendment, SANDAG has updated the financial strategies used in the 2021 Regional Plan and assessed the region’s continued ability to achieve the greenhouse gas emissions target set by the California Air Resources Board as well as federal air quality standards, without the RUC.
The proposed amendment is available for public review and comment from June 13, 2023, through August 8, 2023.
To share your feedback on the proposed amendment:
- Submit a comment using our online form.
- Email comments to RegionalPlanAmendment@sandag.org with the subject, “2021 Regional Plan Amendment.”
- Leave a verbal comment by calling 619.595.5078.
- Mail written comments to: SANDAG Regional Plan Amendment, 401 B Street, Suite 800, San Diego, CA 92101, c/o Kirsten Uchitel, Associate Planner.
- Comment in-person at the public hearing during the Board of Directors meeting on June 23, 2023
As the lead agency under the California Environmental Quality Act, SANDAG is preparing a Supplemental Environmental Impact Report (SEIR) for the proposed amendment to the 2021 Regional Plan. The Draft SEIR will be available for public review in July 2023.