The SANDAG Regional Criminal Justice Research & Clearinghouse Division assesses the effectiveness and efficiency of crime control programs to inform local criminal justice planning and policymaking. By seeking and securing research funds from state and federal sources, SANDAG analyzes crime patterns, crime-reduction strategies, and responses to the region’s crime.
As a key resource for local communities, SANDAG provides the following services through the criminal justice clearinghouse:
- Publishing crime and arrest reports
- Sharing resources and information
- Conducting quality assurance studies of crime-related data
- Analyzing offender drug use
- Assessing the impact of crime reduction strategies
- Providing long-term evaluations of criminal justice related policies and programs
- Assisting agencies in grant writing to seek state and federal funding
The criminal justice clearinghouse databases are continually updated to maintain information on various justice issues. This includes monthly compiling, analyzing, and quality controlling on data from more than 20 public safety agencies.
Criminal Justice Bulletins: 2023
Criminal Justice (CJ) Bulletins provide annual information on arrests, crime, arrestee drug use, and public safety spending.
- 2022 Juvenile Arrestee Drug Use in the San Diego Region (July 2023)
- 2022 Adult Arrestee Drug Use in the San Diego Region (June 2023)
- 43 Years of Crime in the San Diego Region: 1980 Through 2022 (May 2023)
- Public Safety Allocations in the San Diego Region: Expenditures and Staffing for FY 2021-22 (March 2023)
Criminal Justice Flash Findings: 2023
Flash Findings provide brief reports on current projects and topics of interest to criminal justice agencies, school administrators, public officials, city and county administrators, social service and health agencies, and the public.
- Volume 25 Issue 6 (August 2023): Marijuana Use Among San Diego Arrestees – Six Years of Data Post-Proposition 64
- Volume 25 Issue 5 (July 2023): 2022 Juvenile Arrestee Drug Use in the San Diego Region
- Volume 25 Issue 4 (June 2023): Homelessness in San Diego County Arrestees
- Volume 25 Issue 3 (May 2023): Mental Health Issues Among San Diego County Arrestees
- Volume 25 Issue 2 (May 2023): Crime in the San Diego Region
- Volume 25 Issue 1 (March 2023): Overtime and Staffing-Related Challenges for Law Enforcement Agencies in FY 2021-22